Welcome to 2018! I love Hogmanay. I always feel energised and optimistic as we enter a New Year. It’s a time to put aside the failures and disappointments of the year passed and learn the lessons that life handed out, however brutally.
January is a month for making plans, drawing up project outlines and setting targets. I took over PoNo on the 1st of February 2017, so the end of the month will mark the end of my first full trading year too. Pencils are being sharpened and numbers crunched.
2018 is going to be busy here at PoNo Towers.
1. Retail. We are creating a specialist shop where fellow stationery fans can browse, discovering new things and old favourites alike. That browsing can be done either online through the magic of the internet, or, with a bit more effort, physically here at PoNo Towers. Our aim into be a place where people can chat, can ask and generally ponder beautiful notebooks, pencils and bits and pieces.
2. A new subscription model. We are going to broaden our offering and add a little variety. Watch this space.
3. Name & Brand. We’re going to change our name. The business has traded as Pocket Notebooks for two and a half years, and it’s time to evolve a little.
4. More new stock. A joy of the stationery passion is the discovery of new brands and items. We will continue to seek out new things, heck, we might even launch a line or two of our own.
5. Media. I’m passionate about this mad world of stationery and I love talking about it. So, I’m going to share that passion through all sorts of media. There will be a weekly blog post, a weekly podcast, regular updates to anchor.fm and I’m even going to revive my stalled video career.
There. That should keep us busy for a while.
What about you? What are you up to this year? What’s the big plan? Tell us, we’d love to hear about it.
Oh. And one last thing, I’m going to emigrate in 2018. But that’s a blog post on its own.
Remember, forget the app, there’s a pocket notebook for that.