We are reviving a Pocket Notebooks tradition, the 'Getting to Know...' posts.
From time to time, social media friends will make a complimentary comment about a photo that I have posted. Invariably, this happens when the photo in question has been taken by Heidi Bawden.
See what I mean?
She also took on the unenviable task of trying to make Stuart look presentable on video in the Pocket Notebooks YouTube channel.
1) Describe yourself in three objects
- A crystal – because I’m all about the Zen and good vibes
- A greyhound… not sure if that counts as an object, but going with it – Because although super speedy (okay I’m not that athletic) and efficient, they also enjoy sleep, they are very chilled, loyal and friendly! (I also have adopted my own ex racing greyhound called Brutus whom I am obsessed with)
- A hot air balloon? – I do enjoy spontaneous adventures, and ‘going with the flow’
2) Notebook, Notes App, or both?
Notebook! I can’t live without my written diary to log my freelance work. I also get paranoid that technology might wipe my records.
3) Pencil, ballpoint, gel, or fountain pen?
Pencil – I find there’s more freedom if you make a mistake, it’s not as ‘set in stone’ …also because I’m always sketching and doodling!
4) Which three famous people, (living or dead) would you like to have dinner with?
- David Attenborough – Obviously because he is an absolute legend, and because one of my dream jobs would be to create films about nature and animals
- Stacey Dooley – She is someone I really admire, being a female journalist and filmmaker, making documentaries in extreme situations to show light on subjects that are not often spoken about, especially to do with women around the world. She is also genuinely really down to earth, which I appreciate in a famous person!
- Sienna Miller – Apart from her being an amazing, hardworking and successful actress, I would like to become friends with her so that I could snoop in her wardrobe and borrow her clothes… she’s beautiful and has the coolest style!
(So many more I would choose too)
5) What’s the best thing about the place you live?
The countryside! I grew up on a farm so my childhood was spent outside 24/7 exploring and building things (yes, a real tomboy) …I’ve given city life a good go, but always feel at peace with the world when I’m back surrounded by fields, trees and open spaces.
6) What’s your most treasured possession?
My dogs – they are both rescues and have had a rough start to life - they are my best friends (cheesy but true) …I’m working hard to give them a great life!
Secondly would have to be my cameras of course – the creative tools that allow my visions to come alive!
Thirdly (sneaky I know) – would be the very first films I ever made when I first picked up the camera when I was about 14 years old. I’ve managed to save some so that I can always look back on where I started and still have the great and hilarious memories.
7) Where are some of your favourite ‘Stationery’ spots on the internet?
Pocket Notebooks – of course ;-)
Right answer Heidi, right answer!
It is a joy to collaborate with talented, exciting and genuine people like Heidi. I hope that you enjoyed this revival of the 'Getting to Know...' post. Please comment and share. If you have questions for Heidi, by all means ask here, or catch her on the channels below...
You can catch up with Heidi all across the interwebby thing...
Share this post
- Tags: Heidi Bawden